1.5K views

Can no one get golf's Gary McCord to shut the h--- up?!

He ruins the experience of watching golf tournaments. His endless yammering distracts from the telecast.

He seems to tatally in love with his own voice, and opinions. I have read many forums which share my sentiment, but nothing changes. Apparently no one at CBS can, or wishes, to rein him in. Does CBS not care?

Or agree with so many viewers? The latest example is this past weekend's Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines in San Diego.

The coverage had to carryover into Monday due to rain and wind. But....there was McCord again...wrecking the coverage.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of cbs sports golf. Cbs Sports needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cbs sports golf in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Cbs Sports.

Comments

What is wrong with CBS??!!! McCord is a HUGE distraction to the viewer.

He is so in love with his own voice/banter.

How could anyone in the CBS crew stand him at dinner?? I mute him out when I know he starts covering!!!Type your message here

Couldn’t agree more. McCord makes me want to stop watching. The opposite of why if he’s actually there

"All the prize ponies have got their formal saddles on and are galloping toward the lead!" Gary Mccord, 2018 PGA Championship (Saturday round commentary)

Annoying is euphemistic. I find myself getting angry as this announcer seems to be auditioning for the Comedy Store.

He thinks he's so funny when he isn't even close. It's obvious that he loves himself and doesn't care to share his screen time to the golfers.

I have always enjoyed watching the golf broadcasts until he emerged onto the scene. I now just mute the volume since his antics are so very annoying ruining the coverage.

to Robert M.77 #1537671

Gary McCord has become a parody of his self. His style worked for a time but has grown boring, devoid of wit and extremely tired.

His incessant attempts at humor can ruin the drama of practically any moment of a golf telecast. Can you imagine being in a foursome with this guy. European Tour telecast commentators are infinitely less moronic.

They seem to have an appreciation for the subtleties, pace and spirit of the game. I have it on good authority that virtually every PGA Tour fan who yells "Mashed Potatoes", "Babbabooye" and "Get in the Hole" are ardent McCord fans.

Painful listening to this guy. Adds nothing to the coverage

Gary McCord is the biggest jerk on TV!

I hate Gary McCord’s guts! It is pathetic that I have to watch golf with the mute button on.

It is only because of Gary McCord. He adds nothing! He is only obnoxious. He adds no value to the broadcast.

Please get rid of this loser… The Masters had it right the first time. Fire him now!

#cbspleasefiregarymccord

I agree. McCord is so annoying I have to watch Beachfront Bargain Hunt instead.

Mr. McCord is a primary reason for a mute button during golf broadcasts. It would be of great benefit if he were sent to pasture so that more intelligent commentators were allowed to speak!

Agree absolutely, extremely annoying!

So true!

Why does CBS continue to use McCord? Worst announcer ever.

Gary McCord is terrible!

Been googling to find out who this tapper is. He just keeps talking and talking.

He is so terribly annoying, he needs to be removed ASAP.

I would rather listen to Earnie, the Jet, and Shaw before this guy. He’s terrible

I LUV THE GUY,,,THERE IS MANY OTHERS OUT THERE NOT HALF AS TALENTED AS GARY,TO EACH HIS OWN,WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY. CIAO BELLO,,,A ITALIAN GUY FROM *** HILL,GET IT.

Gary McCord is an absolute to the reporting on golf tournaments. Please,please remove him

Worst announcer in sports...history

I will usually just not watch if McCord is announcing. Or I'll turn down the sound.

He tries to be funny but 98% of his commentary is just plain dumb. And this is not coming from someone that has issues with announcers... there's no one in all of sports that really bugs me.

Except McCord. He's a total goober.